Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

22 February 2012

Chapter Three: The 10th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Bitontians




Well we made it through Carnivale without getting egged.  So already I'd consider this week a success. =)  It's interesting, when I think back to what I wrote the previous week and said something like, "man this week really had some highs and lows", or "the Lord really knows how to try our weaknesses".  It makes me not want to write it but it's so true that this week really brought the highs and lows.  I guess it's my testimony that just needs strengthening.  So first, 8-9 days ago I got a nice little cold.  Well this week, it turned sour.  And on top of that, I ended up getting Anziani Miller and Pedriera sick who in turn got Anziano Curzola sick.  Nice right...  So we were inside for a bit this week, which I'm going to be honest was really hard for me. But I think the reason I ended up getting so sick was because I refused to stay in in the first place and it didn’t have time to take care of itself. But lesson learned, I'm no macho man (Alma 26:12)  But we made a soup and worked in the Area Book for a bit, then we did some weekly planning.

Also, this week we had a problem with the heat and hot water... the water heater was broken for a couple days but don’t worry something like that can’t slow us down!!! It is interesting because every house that Anziano Miller has been in has had problems with hot water.... hmmmm

We didn’t get to do the tiramisù or the Serata Familiare yet, but we will tonight.  (don’t worry mom I'll take notes) =P ha ha; mom in Preach My Gospel, it says we need to embrace and accept the culture of the place were in.  Here, culture = food. So really I’m just doing what I need to, to be a good missionary. =P But seriously, it is so true when you start talking with an Italian one of the first things they ask is "what have you eaten today?" and every time we get transferred they ask 1) "how do you find yourself here?" 2) "Where did you come from?" Which is quickly followed by "Oh, you eat good there!!".  It's really affecting my taste buds... I'm ashamed to say that I don't care for spicy food much anymore... 

Anyways, what did we do for work this week you ask? We did a lot, considering we were inside for a couple days.  We did a scambio (change companions) with the Anziani from Poggiofranco.  I went with Anziano Pedriera and we were in Bari.  He really is an incredible man.  We did something pretty cool, we brought an investigator to the house if a member (instead of the other way around) and it really is a good idea because then they can see that the members are normal people with normal lives and problems.  We taught the word of wisdom and it went really well.  

Things with Michele (stop smoking student) have really slowed... but we're always trying to help him.  So we were at the church the other night and Michele had just called to cancel so we were kind of down…but then we had a lady (Anna Maria) knock on the door and ask about English course.  So we talked a bit and explained how it works and then the topic of the church came up (believe it or not!!) =P and there was a member at the church (it's something really cool here, every week night, there are people in church doing family history work) and this member explained the church, missionaries and a little bit about the English course and man, she is really golden! She was asking these questions that were perfect and she was curious. The only thing is she’s going to Indonesia next month so we won’t see her for a while but I’m really excited.

We have Zone Conference tomorrow and Anziano Texiera is coming from the Area Seventy (sadly they're coming in a plane so we won’t be getting any mail from the office) But it should be pretty exciting.  I'm sure he's going to tell this zone exactly what we need to hear. 

Transfer calls are not this Saturday but next week.  And it's really up in the air with me, I could stay or go, but I hope I stay. but either way, Sorella Weyland can send a letter to the Bitonto house that just says that it's for Sorella de Feo.  No problem.

So Abby, it sounds like you’re doing great!!! I’m glad you’re loving it.  So this Cory guy, tell me more about him, you didn’t say much... How are you’re classes going? Tutta'post? That’s really great you’re going to the temple so often, I can’t wait to be able to be close to a temple again. How's the work on the old Provo Tabernacle going?  So you’re a fan of rock climbing now? Cool, we're going to have to go sometime. 

What? Sara, you might have broken your wrist?! What were you doing? I bet I know what the problem was, you haven’t been drinking your milk lately have you? Anyways, at least it's not your femur right!  And now you'll get so much attention, problem solved right!! =P How’s your soccer training going?

Maren and J you guys be good ok, you need to set a good example to everyone else ok? Take some pictures for me! =)

I love you all and hope you’re all staying warm in Germany; lucky Abby is in 60 degree Utah.

I know Christ lives and he is our savior and redeemer.

Alla prossimo.
--
Vi Amo,
Anziano Stewart

1 comment:

  1. Sending luv from the AZ, the Bigelows. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete