Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

14 March 2012

Chapter Three: The 13th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Bitontians


Buon gornio belissima familglia! Mi mancate.

Hello from Lecce and happy Pi day!!!!! =)  We're here for Anziano Miller's permesso di sogiornio.  It's a really pretty city.  Anyways, this week went by quickly.  The highlight was definitely Stake Conference for the Stake of Puglia.  Members from the whole "heel" of the boot of Italy came to Bari Saturday and Sunday.  President Kelly and Sister Kelly were there as well.  The spirit was really strong and the choir was spectacular.  It was really great what the Stake Presidency did, they challenged every member to bring just one non-member friend to the conference, and the room (it was in the Sheraton hotel) was packed to the rafters! It was great to see.  We got to help the best/oldest/funniest/sweetest member from Bari Poggiofranco walk to the conference.  Her name is Sorella Valentina.  She's 90 years old and is just the best. 

Massimo is doing pretty great; sadly he doesn't want to come to church because it's too early (he sleeps in till 1400 on Sundays...) but he is more than willing to meet with us and he wants to learn English as well.  (Which is great because our course starts tonight!!)

This last week we did a lot of work on our English course.  Hopefully it will go well and we'll get some sweet people who will also be interested in the gospel.  I don't really care for English course because I feel like it takes time away from missionary work but Anziano Miller really likes it and we have a bunch of "students" who really like it.  However it's nice that now we're starting the course and it won't take so much of our time from missionary work. 

OH!! I've got a pretty sweet story.  So, I don't remember if I told you but in the MTC one day, I saw a security guard who looked really familiar, but I didn't say anything.  Then I saw him again, a couple days later and stopped him.  We talked for a bit and I found out that it was Devonne Bitseedy. Crazy right?! He was doing great and was really excited I was going to Rome.  Then he told me that he ended up getting to serve a mission and was called to the Catania mission.  Then, the other day I was looking through the area book and old baptism records and I saw his name again!  He was here (at least in Bari) like 6 years ago as a missionary.  Crazy huh?!?! But I guess when your 1. American 2. Military and 3. Mormon the world isn't too big anymore... =)

I was wondering recently, where did Mandy get her mission call? I heard she put her papers in but that's it.

I studied a talk by Neal A. Maxwell this week and he said something that really hit me and I've been thinking about it all week.  He said, "we need to widen our circle of influence";  which I agree with 100% as long as we really are the "light of the world".  This is too precious and important to not share.  I don't have much more time but I know the Book of Mormon was written for us individually and that as we read and study it daily we will find new strength to move forward and upward.  I pray that all is well and wish you a happy Ides of March and St. Patrick’s Day.
--
Vi Voglio Bene,
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment