Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

11 April 2012

Chapter Three: The 17th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Bitontians


Buona Pasqua (pure se è un pò in ritardo) =)

First, all is well here.  We're all healthy and working hard.

This week was, to say the least, FILLED with testimonies of our Heavenly Father’s love for his children.  This is going to start out a little weird but stay with me.  Tuesday (3rd) the 6 month old son of a family in our ward (Saponieri) had to have open heart surgery. (something near and dear to my heart, because of Mattie's experience) and sadly, the baby (Reuben) after a couple days of critical care, died.  Then, Thursday, we got news that Besi's mom had also passed away Wednesday night.  Then there is Anziano Miller who's grandma died last week as well and how grandma Stewart died earlier this year. 

Death was on my mind.  On Sunday, President Panisco asked me to give a talk on The Resurrection too perfect to be a coincidence.  So between death on my mind and studying the Resurrection and Easter on Sunday I felt a little overwhelmed.  And I can't explain how I know, but I received multiple confirmations not only that it is true that we will all be resurrected but that our Heavenly Father really does care and watch over us, basta cercarLo!

So in Italy, the day after Easter is called Pasquetta.  And everyone goes to the country or the beach. So the mission told us that it was a deep cleaning day for us.  Man, we really, really did some good work.  Not only did we clean, we reorganized, (the house was not set up the best for missionaries...)  now the beds are in separate rooms from the desks, etc.  But anyways back to Pasquetta, I didn't believe everything I heard about Pasquetta, about how whole cities empty and become temporary ghost towns.  However, there wasn't a soul to be seen in Bitonto on Monday. Not a car, not a dog, not even a tumbleweed.  It was crazy! Even from 1800-2100 there was barely anyone, it's really a phenomenon.

We had a lesson with Heather on Friday.  In Italy it's really common for people to tell you about their "visions" they've had.  But some of Heather's ideas are the weirdest I've ever heard.  Working with her is going to be a lot slower than we originally expected...

Mom, I'm glad your Birthday went well. I'm glad you all are liking your fivefingers!! =) Sara how’s that training for BYU soccer going? To all the little ones, how's that piano challenge that dad gave you all going?

Well I need to go but I am glad you are all doing well and that everyone is healthy and enjoying the great weather.  I know that Christ lives and that he succors us daily.  He is our mediator with the Father.  I love you all, ciao.

--
Vi Amo,
Anziano Stewart



No comments:

Post a Comment