Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

12 September 2012

Chapter Four: The 15th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Calabrians/Messinites

Smile! It's free, makes every situation better, and it's even good for your health!



Allora, how the heck is everyone?! I'm sure you're great, even if there are thunderstorms already. =) Things are good here.  Oh Sara, before I get started, I found something that you might like.  Get your bible and go to Genesis 17:15 then, when you get to footnote a, look at the bottom of the page for what it means.  Just don't rub it in Maren's face too much because she might get jealous. 

This week, or at least from Saturday to yesterday, it was "La Festa Della Madonna" (the festival for the mother of Jesus) in Reggio.  MAN! It has been so crazy!  I didn't know that Reggio could be so busy and alive.  There have been concerts, (a couple by the castle which is right by our house, it's been hard to sleep) parties, shows, fireworks, and all kinds of people selling all kinds of things.  It's been cool to see but it's made missionary work a little hard. =/

We’ve done a ton of publicity for our English course; hopefully we'll be able to recover from the summer vacations and the fact that there weren't missionaries in Reggio for a month before we came here. (It’s working! I just got 3 phone calls in a row for the course! Score!) About Tamara, she is doing great!! With the fest and everything it's been a little difficult to see her and for the weekend she went to Catania for a dance tryout.  But she has started the Book of Mormon a third time and is making great progress!  

Anyways, on Friday, we also saw a member who is starting to come back to church.  It went really well but the best part of the visit was at the end when he gave us a bunny.  Now you might be saying to yourself, but missionaries can't have pets.... don't worry, we are planning on eating it on Saturday.  It was skinned and frozen solid. =/ We’ll see how it turns out...

 Hmm, what else, for over a week now, at night when I write in my journal, at the end I add a tender mercy of the day; It’s been helping a lot with recognizing the hand of the Lord in this work and my personal life.  True sometimes it is kind of difficult to find something but as you sit and think about it, tens of examples come to mind and then it's hard to pick just one.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I especially like the one with the pig. =)  I love you.  Have a great week!!
--
"Look inside yourself, you're more than what you've become.  Remember who you are."  The Lion King 
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment