Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

26 September 2012

Chapter Four: The 18th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Calabrians/Messinites


Hello from Messina?

Ok, Ciao tutti!! All right, we're actually in Messina right now.  There was a problem with a missionary in Messina and he had to go home, so now we are three with Anziano Giovita until next Thursday transfers (Transfer calls are this Saturday)  so things are going to be pretty crazy the next week or so.  We have to split the work in Reggio and Messina...  But it's great to be with Anziano Giovita, He's a funny guy. 

Last night at English course I was able to see some of the great new members and English course students that I taught while I was in Messina in June.  It was great!  I love being able to go back to visit where you've already been.  Leona was particularly excited to see me, she's doing pretty well.  She's become great friends with some really solid members and her husband is also making some great progress.  We also saw Pina and she's been coming to church and she's stopped smoking!! Yeah boy!

That's great about Mattie and Sara running for office. It sounds like you need to make more of those strips!!  Let me know how it goes.  That's great that you all are really enjoying soccer! Do you three ever practice together?  Also, Maren and Sara sang in church?! Wow Bravi!! I can't wait to see if the video works!!  

So last month I started the Book of Mormon and as I went through it I marked any and every reference to Christ and I just finished it and last week Sorella Kelly invited all the mission to read it before Christmas.  And that as we read it we should focus on Christ...obviously, my head is a little too thick, once wasn't enough.  Hopefully (I'm sure) that this second time around I'll discover something new and my testimony and appreciation for Christ will be strengthened.

So, I already shared this with dad but it's something that I think we forget often and so we need to be reminded frequently

"Without sacrifice there is no true worship of God." Gordon B. Hinckley  

Sacrifice is something that the Lord asks that we do so that he can bless us. So if we aren't willing to do it then the ways that he can bless us are much more limited.  This week I studied the beatitudes a bit.  And I found an explanation of meek that I really liked.  It explains how we can be meek and still be strong. In Argentina, they don't break their horses because they don't want to break their spirit. Instead they work with them patiently until they are "manso" or meek.  Then, they are still full of fire, desire, drive, strength, and spirited; not timid or afraid of anything but at the same time they are obedient and very well trained and will do whatever the rider asks them to do.  

I think this is a great way to describe meekness because when we talk about it normally, it has almost a negative connotation; that it means to be weak. But these horses are in no way weak or less than what their potential is, they just have a high level of obedience.

Are you guys excited for general conference?!?! I am, I can't wait! I think that we might have to miss the priesthood session and just watch it the next day because the closest city that has a working satellite is 3 1/2 hours away.  But that's not a big deal.  Man, I can't wait; it's like Christmas for missionaries! =P Make sure that you all get some good questions ready so that you can look for the answers in what the Apostles and Prophet say.  

Alrighty, that's about all I got.  You guys are so great! Thanks for all that you do, I love you!!!!!!!!!  Stay safe. VVB.
--
"Look inside yourself, you're more than what you've become.  Remember who you are."  The Lion King 
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment