Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

05 December 2012

Chapter Five: The 10th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Sicilians


"Fu così che ancora un altro settimana sè ne andò..." (another week has come and gone)

All right.  Where to start…ah, from the beginning.  Thanks for all your letters and the pictures, I loved them!!!! And I think I've received the message, that you want pictures so I guess I'll send some to you. =P

New Mission Vespa
This was another crazy week.  Things with Dilhani, Sanjay, Isuri, and Sahtmi are great!!!  We taught them the commandments, the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement this week.  I have to say that I am shocked at how prepared they are.  Law of tithing.... she already does it at the beginning of each month (just now she'll do it in this church and not the catholic one.  Word of wisdom..... No problem, they already live that way.  Law of chastity...No problem.  

They did have a TON of questions about the plan of salvation which makes perfect sense because they are Buddhist...But they read the book of Mormon every day and are praying very fervently to receive the confirmation of everything.  They are so great.  Yesterday, Isuri (14) said that she wants to prepare to serve a mission! Sweet!!!

About mom's question with training, normally (almost always) the greenie and his trainer are together for 12 weeks; or 2 transfers.  That means that we'll be here until mid February.  Then we'll see what happens. =) I hope that I'll be able to stay until the beginning of March at least but we'll have to see...

That's so cool about Lyss's mission call!  Florida Spanish speaking!! Congratulate her for me and tell her that she'll have a blast in the 2nd best mission in the world (because we all know that the 1st is La Missione Italiana di Roma!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let me know if there's anyone else who's going on a mission that I don't know about.

This week I've been thinking a lot about Charity, missionary work and Christmas...and even though it's usually a hard time to do missionary work, I've decided that we are pretty much offering people Christmas 24/7.  That's what the gospel does in our lives. So if I really have charity and am trying to be like Christ, I'm going to do all I can to find the people that want to accept this gospel and I'm not going to think that I'll get anything in return, just like Christ did with the atonement, love was his only motive, love must be my only motive.  And if I'm able to have love be my only motive, I'll be that much better of an instrument in the Lord’s hands.  It's great being a missionary.  I love you all.  Stay warm.  


Like it says on the BYU Library doors at finals... "keep calm and carry on." =)

--
"Look inside yourself, you're more than what you've become.  Remember who you are."  The Lion King 
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment