Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

28 November 2012

Chapter Five: The 9th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Sicilians


Less than a month to Christmas... and I'm still sweating because it's so hot....

Man, this might have been one of the best, fastest, busiest, and hardest weeks in Messina.  Things are great.  First, we had Nicole's baptism.  It went really well.  There were more than 50 people who came, many of whom were members but a lot were investigators or non-members.  The program went well.  There was however a little problem/miracle.  While I was changing into the white clothes, my a nerve in my lower back just went crazy and I couldn't stand up or sit down; it hurt to move and it hurt to be still.  Just like it happened in the MTC.  I wasn't sure what to do.  I just kept on thinking, why??

First, this is stuff that happens to old people. =P plus, it was minutes before the baptism.  But I just kind of stayed still for a bit, said a couple of prayers, and was able to stand up and go and sit down in the chapel.  From the time that I sat down to the time I got out of the font my back didn't bother me at all, actually I almost forgot about it.  However, as soon as I put my foot on the ground my back started to hurt again.  It was quite the experience.  Walking home that night was slow and painful.... but now everything is fine.  

I'm not really sure what happened but I got some meds and took it easy for a couple of days and now everything is a-ok.  But it was a very strong experience, it makes me think of our mission motto: "Aspettati un miracolo" (expect a miracle) the Lord has his work and we are the people who bring it forth, and when we aren't able to do all that He needs us to do, He makes it possible some way or another.

Anziano Walker is doing pretty well, his Italian is coming right along. (Everyone here calls him "Walker Texas ranger" it's hilarious!!)  This Sunday we ate at Sorella Cannone's home.  (You’ll meet her at Christmas)  for the meat, she gave us horse steak.  Ha ha, it was pretty funny to tell Anziano Walker that he was eating horse, I wish I could have taken a picture of his face.  It's actually not very good, it's really tough and it doesn't taste all that good.  But it's illegal in the US so that adds an allure to eat it, or at least try it. =)

We have a Sri Lankan family that is investigating the church; I don't remember if I told you... But we have baptismal dates set with them and their friend for the 22nd of December.  Things are going fantastically with them.  They are so humble.  It's amazing also, some of the knowledge that we take for granted.  This week they asked if we knew anything about Christ coming a second time because they had heard about it previously, but knew nothing about it.  When they asked, I was left with my mouth open, I didn't know what to say, I couldn't believe it!  

We've been focusing on having Christ at the center of all the lessons that we do with them so that they can learn as much as possible about him.  They are an amazing family.  They met with the bishop this last week as well.  He was very impressed by how humble they are and how sincere their search for the truth is.

Speaking about the bishop, he's so great! This last week, for an entire day we went around with him and he presented us to 3 of him friends plus a couple of less active families.  2 of the 3 friends are going to start meeting with us because they are very interested, the other is in the hospital for now but once he goes out he wants to meet with us!  Well, that's all.  

VVB statemi bene!!!

--
"Look inside yourself, you're more than what you've become.  Remember who you are."  The Lion King 
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment