Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

04 October 2011

The 1st Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Neopolitans

Ciao family!!
ok I know all those people, you can add them all to facebook. I don’t have my address here in Napoli with me but next week I’ll send it.  real quick about packages, try to not send packages, but if needed send all packages to the mission home. and try to not lie but at the same time on the customs form if anything is valued at over 40 euro or dollars they charge an arm and a leg to pick it up so try to avoid that...  letters are fine to send to me here in Napoli but towards the end of the transfer you might want to send them to the mission home just in case. 

I sent a package to Abby that had a couple things I couldn’t fit in my suitcases.  and also the SD card.  can she just put it in a dropbox account that you have access to and that way you can get them too?
it's great to hear that everyone is ok, I’m so happy you’re all good. 

the pizza in Napoli is the best pizza in Italia which is good and bad... I get to enjoy it but every pizza i eat after Napoli won’t be as good... and about the water here don’t worry I’m only drinking bottled water.

its good to hear BYU won this week, they can next week also.  but I heard USU played nicely against Auburn.  that’s admirable! =P  Sara’s tearing it up huh?! that’s sweet!! what position is she playing? how are the other girls?

its too bad to hear about a member losing their testimony.  it really is soooooo simple all that’s needed is to read the scriptures, pray and go to church. basta. and Satan knows all he needs to do is get someone to stop doing one of those things and he’s got them. I don’t think I’ve ever heard the story of your experience with the other side, I’d love to though if you have time.

Ok, so about Napoli.  it’s awesome. honestly I feel like it’s the true heart of Italy.  the dialect (Napolitano) is really hard to deal with, I think uncle Ben understands what I’m talking about. and the city is kinda dirty, but it’s part of the experience, I LOVE IT! the branch were in is Napoli central and there’s another couple of missionaries in the branch with us.  my trainer is Anziano Miller.  the other coppia is Anziani Meldrum (I was in the MTC  for a while he was in there) and weeks. 

all 3 of them are amazing.  Napoli has a reputation of being one of the hardest zones in the mission but I don’t believe it. (and honestly don’t see why, there's 2 million people here and only 4 missionaries, that means there's plenty of people to teach!!!)  we have so much good work going on right now.  we have a ton of people coming to general conference which is sooo great. there's an investigator we have, Ashley.  she’s golden!! she’s from Peru, 17, and more than ideal. we don’t have a baptismal date... yet.  we’re going to ask her on Friday to set a date. but she was asking about church and we were explaining about general conference and she stopped us and said.  "wait, am i allowed to come? Because I would really like to." and we just stopped and didn’t know what to say. ha-ha. 

also, my first night here, right after English class, we taught a lesson and set a baptismal date for Emi.  she's been investigating for a while but she’s kind of a slow learner so Ii think it’s  finally clicking.  her faith is incredible.  I forgot how much I really love the Italians and their culture, especially Napoli, I’m already dreading the day I have to leave this incredible city .I’m glad all is well.

vi amo
Anziano Stewart

P.S.  if you could just pray for those were teaching, but most importantly pray for those in Napoli that are ready to hear that we can find them and bring them closer to Christ.  i love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment