Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

19 October 2011

The 4th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Neopolitans


“If you love scampia, you'll find a sea of love''

Ok, first, this week was awesome!!!!! I’m so excited to be a missionary! =) and yes that construction site was the temple and now I hear they’ve poured the foundation for the temple which is pretty cool.  The debit card should be sorted out I just need to wait to get a new one...  our investigators are making a lot of progress.  Sadly, we have to move Emi's date back to the 1st weekend in November but that’s just to be sure she’s ready.  
 Anziano Miller, Emi, and Anziano Stewart

Yesterday me and Anziano Meldrum got to teach Ashley about the Law of Chastity which was fun.  Ha ha, it was the 1st time for both of us.  It went well.  Anziano Miller was sick... =(  about Fratello Leonardo.... we don’t know why he’s under house arrest, he should be out soon but he’s meeting a lot with attorneys and magistrates so hopefully its almost over but well see... thanks so much for the package!! I cant wait!!!! this is so exciting. =)  We actually have an appointment tonight with Vincenzo and his family and they’ll all be new investigators, we’re really hopeful for them.  He wants his sons to know more about the gospel and Jesus so we’re the guys for the job. =P 
About the moleskin journals, if you just want to put the money in my account I can get them here so you don’t have to send them.  I wouldn’t worry about that for a little while, there’s no rush for those. Thank you for everything!!!!!!
Now a little about Napoli (in response to uncle Ben’s e-mail.)  It’s crazy that Centrale was its own zone when you were here.  Now they have closed Natzionale and merged it with Centrale. So there’s only one branch in Centrale, this is the area the 2 Napoli copias cover.  Then there’s Caserta where there’s 2 other missionaries, them plus 4 of us is a district. Then there’s Pozzuoli, Battipaglia, and Castelamare.  These are the cities in the Napoli zone.
The mission home is still on via Cimone but they recommend sending the packages to the office (Rome 2 ward building).

Yeah we have the same problem still, once people decide to change their lives and come closer to Christ, they realize that there are better places to live so they move to Como up north... Ha ha ha yes, we still call such groups the mickey mouse club. =)  it really is completely different here for people to live the gospel, it requires 100% dedication all the time.  that’s why i admire the youth so much here.  I cant imagine growing up in a city like this. 

Dont worry about me eating enough buffalo mozerella or margherita pizza, I can do that!  Ha ha!!  yes, the Napolitani have taught me quite a bit of the dialect... some words not so good.  there’s a man on the end of our street who always tries to get us to say stuff... ha ha  but my favorite is wheyyy guiygiun (pretty sure I spelled it wrong..)  But it just means something like hey dude. 

Last week was my 1st scambia (change companions) and I went around Caserta with Anziano Lemmon (I think I sent a picture home...) it was pretty fun but there was no one on the street, it wasn’t like Napoli at all!!! 
Oh and here’s a little miracle from the week.  We had a great week planned out last week but it kind of fell through so we were pretty bummed out, and we had worked really hard which didn’t help.  But we were sitting down for the 1st hour of church and an ex investigator (Marco) walked in out of the blue! Which was a miracle!  We were talking with him and he wants to be baptized, so were working towards that with him.  Then as we were getting ready for sacrament meeting (last hour)  we were all sitting down.  I was next to Emi and Marco and Anziano Miller was next to Ashley and Ciro (a less active were working with)  and then someone we had stopped a couple weeks ago walks into the church and sits down next to Anziano Miller.  So we ended up with 4 investigators in church which was double what we were expecting.  It was so great! =)

Ok well its been good, I need to go but I hope all is well and the Lord's hand can be seen in all aspects of your life. Until next week. =)
--
Vi Voglio Bene e Distinti Saluti,
Anziano Stewart

Anziani Stewart and Miller with Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment