Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

07 January 2012

Chapter Three: The 3rd Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Bitontians

When the Missionaries bring you cookies, they're really asking for a referral!

Family!!! Ciao! Happy New Year!!!

I love reading your letters every week, it's great to hear from you and to know how you all are and that everything's okay.  I'm going to be honest, sometimes during the week it's easy to not think about those things, but don’t worry I always pray for you all. 

I'm glad you had a great new year; mine was pretty good.  Because we live so close to the center of Bitonto trying to sleep was a joke.  So, we did some studying and wrote letters and then watched the fireworks.  Which were crazy!!!!  There are these things called "botti" and they’re actually illegal but that doesn’t stop anyone. =) Basically they are bombs and every 20 seconds they were going off, it was great!! 

We've found quite a few people that are ready to hear the gospel but this time of year the Italians have an excuse they all use "dopo le feste" (after the holidays).  EVERYONE uses it even our branch president and branch mission leader.... thankfully the last "Festa" is Friday (la Befanna) then we can tell people the Feste are over and now we want to meet with them!!
We’ve been having a lot of appointments for lunch and it's been great.  There is this family called Scarolla and they invited us over.  She is a Sicilian lady who cooks magnificently!!   We ate this salad that was only oranges, olive oil, pepperoncino, salt, and garlic.  It was soooo good!!

On the 2nd it was our day of cleaning.  Basically, there are 2 days every year that we have to take the day to deep clean the house.  Our house wasn’t too dirty in the first place but now it's spotless!!  But I’m done with cleaning for a little while....

On Sunday I have to give a talk.  I'm going to do it on missionary work.  We have made a Branch mission plan and we now need to get it going so thankfully I can take advantage of this chance to get the branch excited for 2012 in Bitonto! 

what else... yesterday we did 2 baptismal interviews for the missionaries in Bari, score! And we are searching for Pandoro that is on sale, because now all the stores want to get rid of their Pandoro now that the holidays are over.  I’ll keep you posted on that...

It’s great that Abby got that job! And it's right on campus! Sweet! I hope things work out well with that.  That’s great about the package, but it's not a huge deal that you send packages that often, I don’t need anything really... it would be better, according to me, if instead you put that money in my Charles Schwab account so I can buy something nice here.  Speaking of which, this week I’m going to pull 90 euro out of the  Chuck account, just so you know.  
Well, I have some pictures for you but this computer isn’t working... maybe ill try another or we’ll see next week.  Today were going to try to go to Taranto with Brinisi and Lecce to see the city and what not...but we’re still not sure.  
Next week we have zone conference and also, we get our interview with President (only every 12 weeks)  so I’m pretty excited for that as well. Other than that, I love you (J, I love you 3 times around the sun!!) and hope those New Years resolutions are going great (good work Maren!) and I cant wait to hear from you all next week. Ciao!! 

Vi Voglio Bene,
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment