Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

25 January 2012

Chapter Three: The 6th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Bitontians



Ciao famiglia e amici!

Man, this week I think takes the cake with the most rollercoaster-ish of my mission so far. We got transfer calls and I'm staying but Anziano McAffee is going to Agrigento. And Anziano Miller (yes my ex-companion) is going to be my new companion, which never happens.  Pretty cool huh? And, one more thing about the next transfer, is I’m the new District Leader... kind of cool but I feel too young and inexperienced to do it but I’m also pretty excited.  

Also, we went to Napoli this week, we left on Sunday and came back Tuesday morning, for my permesso di sogiornio which was a blessing to be able to go back and see it but buying the tickets has really left my mission money low...  Anyways, I was able to give a talk on Sunday on fasting, and was really surprised when I had to cut it short, because it was on fasting.  I was expecting to have to really stretch it out. ha ha.  We also got the coolest referral from the mission home.  He's an 18-year-old boy who is from Bethlehem.  His dad is a good friend with a bunch of Mormons because he's been a temporary professor a couple times and has really been impressed with our church.  So we went and met with him, he lives a little ways away so it took all morning but it went great.  He doesn’t really know Italian or English but we get by. =) We found another man who really wants to stop smoking. We haven’t met with him but he sounded really sincere and promising.  Also, Michele (the other stop smoking student) started  smoking again... =( 

Thanks for the talk, I haven’t read it yet, but I want to.  Hopefully I can soon. It was really startling to get a phone call from dad on Thursday.  I am really sad to know that grandma died. I really hoped I would be able to see her after the mission.  But I'm grateful for the plan that our Father has for us, and the knowledge I have of it.  It really helps. I don’t have much more time.
I love you and hope you’re all safe!

--
Vi Amo,
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment