Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

16 May 2012

Chapter Three: The 22nd Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Bitontians



Missionary work.... I'm doing it!

Man, It's like we talked just the other day (Mother’s Day) =)  It was great to see you and harder than you know to hang up.  The fact that I could see you all didn't help much either.  After I was pretty trunky and was thinking a lot about you all.  But the more I thought about it the more it really drove me and gave me strength to work harder and dedicate myself even more to this wonderful work.  

This week we did 2 exchanges with Poggiofranco.  First off I was with Anziano Perry.  This is his 1st and last transfer in Bari.  He goes home in 3 weeks! He's a really good example and has a lot of experience, (as he should after 2 years!)  I learned a lot from him, more than anything how to work with Italians and help them understand how this message really applies to them.  

Then with Anziano Meldrum, whom I've known since last July in the MTC and we lived in the same house in Napoli.  Now we’re in the same district in Bari, way cool story huh?  Needless to say, we've become great friends.  He is a really hard worker.  He played football for Boise State and there he learned how to find what you want and to work towards it without getting distracted.

We also set a baptismal date with Francesco Natale.  Sadly he wasn't able to come to church due to a communion.  But we are still meeting with him and hoping to get him to the waters of baptism.  He is definitely humble enough.

Also we kind of set a baptismal date with Francesco de Nicolo.  He needs to figure out how he is going to organize his Sundays but he is ready to get things moving.

This week there's a lot of potential for new investigators, which is exciting.  Oh and next Tuesday we're going to Napoli to pick up my Permesso!! I'm so excited!! I'm not sure how it's going to work out so I might not be able to write next Wednesday... we'll see.  I just don't want you to worry if I don’t e-mail you.

Well, I love you all and I hope you have a great week.  Maren, tell me how those singing lessons go.  Mattie, what book are you reading? Sara, how's softball.  J, how's the bunny?  Abby, how are you liking stocking?  What else are you doing with your time
?  
I gotta get going.  

48 Wherefore, my beloved family, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the children of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
Pray for help, it will come!!!
--
Vi Voglio Bene,
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment