Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

30 May 2012

Chapter Three: The 24th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Bitontians


Ciao, Ciao!

Wow!! You all wrote some good letters this week. Nice! Thanks a bunch.  Well this week we got transfer calls.  I am leaving Bitonto tomorrow morning at 0800 and I'm going to Reggio Calabria!! My companion will be Anziano Errante.  However, I got a call yesterday telling me that he needs to go home (at least for a couple days) due to family problems. So I will be in Messina (with the rest of our district) for a couple days. And if Anziano Errante comes back (he might not) I'll be with him.  If not I will be blown in to Reggio with someone else... I really hope that Anziano Errante comes back.  I was really hoping I could be with him because he's Italian and he is now the oldest missionary in the mission (oldest in the sense that he is the closest to going home) however, he's also like 25!

It sounds like you all are having a great time and finding plenty to do.  
This week we were able to do our normal bi-weekly service when we feed elderly people at the rest home.  I love doing service.  It's also very effective at finding new investigators, for some reason, as soon as they see us helping and serving they have all the interest in the world, and then we capitalize. Forza America!

As far as investigators goes, we are kind of at square one.  We still have people who are willing to meet and talk however, no one makes progress.  So we've moved them to 1 lesson/every 1-2 weeks.  It's hard to see, especially the last week that you're in a city but I just can't see everything right now.

This week at District meeting Anziano Parry (who is now on a train to Roma, and tomorrow will fly home.)  Gave a wonderful addestramento on desires.  It really helped.  He's a great missionary, and I really look up to him.  There was also something that Sorella Scarolla said during her lesson on Sunday.  "When we are called to work for the Lord, we need to do it in His way."  It really hit me and helped me review how I look at things.

Well, I'm not sure if it's like this every time but I am pretty sad that I'm leaving Bitonto.  I'm really going to miss it.  I love the people, members, food, and just the air there.  But anyways, I need to go.  I can't wait to tell you about my new city. Look it up on google maps!!  

I love you all and pray daily for you.

Con affetto,
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment