Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

24 May 2012

Chapter Three: The 23rd Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Bitontians


Day four, week five, transfer six

Well this transfer flew by!  We already receive calls on Saturday and on Thursday there's transfers!  It is really too fast.  I feel like Jacob when he said that his life passed before him as a dream. 

Anyways, sorry this is a day late.  We had to go to Napoli Tuesday night and we got back at like 2045 last night.  It was a long trip. (the assistants made us take a bus instead of a train.)  But it was so nice to go back.  Luckily Anziano Bradshaw also served there so we were both really excited to go.  We were able to visit a family from the branch where Anziano Bradshaw served who were baptized a couple weeks ago.  They ended up having us stay for lunch and they gave him a Napoli scarf and they gave me a Napoli hat. =)  They are really amazing members who are very strong.  They also have a son who's name is Antonio and while we were there I caught him singing "I am a child of God"  It was really good to see them.  

I also was able to buy a couple jerseys, one of the Napoli team and the other of the national Italy team.  We were also able to enjoy the best pizza in the world.  ("Da Michele"  look it up)  And then there's the permesso.  We showed up at 0830 like we were instructed.   They said we needed to return between 1430 and 1630, which we did.  We told them we were told to come back and they asked if this was the day we were supposed to be there?  We answered yes.  They asked are you sure???  Again, we said yes!

They then went and started talking about some text that we were supposed to send and how that text would tell us which day we needed to be there. Now, just so you know... this office was EMPTY! No one was there.  So we kinda stuck around. =) We started talking a bit about the church and then I asked them where exactly the permesso was.  They avoided the question. We talked a bit more about the church and again I asked where the permesso was.  They said, “oh it's here however, its in our safe and we don't really want to get up”.  Then I said oh, it's here... well we are actually working close to Bari now and we came here to pick it up, would that be possible?  Then one of the Carabinere said, “yeah alright follow me”,  and 3 minutes later I had my permesso.  Classic Italy! =)

This week The Lord has really been trying to teach me something and I'm obviously not getting it.  We are working our tails off but we are seeing no progress.  Frank Christmas really needed work when we started meeting with him.  Well he started reading the Book of Mormon and praying and BOOM, he found work.  But now he doesn't have time to meet.  We should be able to see him tomorrow night.   This week I feel like I've really learned a lot from my studying and sharing what I've studied with others.  

The thing that I have learned most from this week is that improvement always comes with a price.  

I love you all.  I pray for you daily and I hope you make every hour count! 
Dio vi benedica. =)

--
Vi Voglio Bene,
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment