Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

14 August 2012

Chapter Four: The 11th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Calabrians/Messinites

Buon Ferragosto!

-->
Hello dear family! I hope everything is well.  Things here aren't bad.  Sadly, Anziano Errante is leaving us tomorrow evening. He's a good missionary, I've really enjoyed serving with him, he's a lot of fun and he gets work done really well.  He's gained a nice bit of weight on his mission and he's doing his best to take me and Anziano Malan down with him, thankfully he's failing! =)  And then once he leaves, for at least another week me and Anziano Malan will be together. (transfer calls are this Saturday) but I'm almost positive that we'll stay together for at least another 6 weeks.  

This week flew by!  Between helping Anziano Erante getting ready to go home and missionary work we barely had time to sleep!  However, Sunday evening we were invited to an Evangelist church.  It was a very interesting experience.  Things started off more or less "normal".  They started to sing but instead of singing they were just yelling.  Then once the songs (shouting) was over, they all started whispering and the pastor started to "prophesy". They were waving their hands in the air yelling "gloria a dio!" "alleluia!".  

Then, the pastor gave the "word" but instead of a structured discourse, it was more or less stand up comedy.  It was very hard to feel the spirit during the service.  As I was thinking about everything, it just makes me sad that these people who at one point were looking for the truth (because everyone who's not Catholic in Italy has a conversion story) and they have been deceived.   They are now convinced that this is the truth.  But, the Lord knows what he's doing, it's his work not ours. 

This Monday, we watched 17 Miracles and made pizza in church for family night.  It was a great turn out, we even had 3 investigators come!  The movie was so good.  I really liked the messages that it portrayed.  Especially that through the gospel, we can, even in dire circumstances, maintain our dignity and humanity.  Then afterwards it caused me to reflect on the pioneers, and I remembered our great, great, great grandma and the stories from her diary. I'm really grateful for their dedication and commitment, it's a great example for me.

Well, sorry it's short, I love you can't wait to hear from you.

--
Mai arrendersi,
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment