Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

01 August 2012

Chapter Four: The 9th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Calabrians/Messinites

                                                             The Dreaded August

This week flew by again.  To be honest I'm kind of getting used to it.  Things here are good.  I really love my 2 companions and we all work really well together. On the 17th, Anziano Errante finishes his mission sadly; he's such a great guy.  We’ll be talking (in Italian because he doesn't speak English) and he'll just throw something out like "the bible belt" or "what's up dude".  Last night he was trying to have Anziano Malan get him a bag but Anziano Malan wasn't understanding so Errante yelled "give me a bag!" in his high pitched, almost childlike accent.  Too funny.
             
This Saturday there will be a baptism at Messina.   I'm not sure if you remember him but his name is Fortunato.  He's 88!  I'm really excited for him, but at that age, I just hope that all goes well.  He's really nervous.

On Monday's we do Family Night for those who are single or don't have the opportunity to have it in their homes.  This week we watched "On the Lord's Errand" about Thomas S. Monson.  We had a less active there with her 3 year old daughter which was very nice.  She is actually Mexican but married to an Italian (also inactive) I hope she will start coming to church.  In total there were 9 people who came, it was a nice little group.  Next week we are going to watch 17 miracles. Hopefully, we'll have a good turnout.

Federico is an investigator, and as far as his progress goes I'm not sure but I feel like he's really prepared.  We just need to help him connect the dots and he'll be set.  Tamara is still having some trouble; the problem is her friend Ahlem who’s Muslim and does not want to talk about the church at all and when we do she does all she can to drive the Spirit away which makes things difficult for us and Tamara.
             
Something really cool, the other day Elder Holland stopped by the mission home (he's on vacation) and while he was there he gave the mission an Apostolic Blessing.  He blessed the mission that the work will grow.  It will be interesting to see how things go during the next couple months or so.

This morning I read a talk from General Conference "Was It Worth It" while I was reading I had two thoughts.
1.      That the gospel of Jesus Christ focuses on the individual.
2.      The importance of being worthy to have the spirit with us in order that we can be instruments in his hands.

Well, that's about all, this afternoon we're going to Taormina! I'll take some pictures.  Today is the 1st day of the month that all missionaries dread because all the Italians get the entire month (many take 2 months) off of work and leave on vacation.  Hopefully it won’t be too bad for us.

Mattie, Abby tell me about girls camp!

I love you all!
             
D&C 50:25
--
Mai a rendersi,
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment