Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

22 August 2012

Chapter Four: The 12th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Calabrians/Messinites


First of all... mom, don't worry if the letters I write aren't novels, we have work to do. I can't be at the computer all day. =P  

So Ferragosto wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  In fact, it was the missions record for most baptisms in 2012! Yeah Boy!  As far as transfers go, we'll both be staying in Reggio for another 6 weeks.  Which is really good because we both know the city and branch really well, I'm looking forward to taking advantage of this.  Another plus is that we both (still) want to wake up early and workout. 

Your camping trip to the Netherlands sounds like a blast!  I'm glad you had fun and everyone got sun burnt. =P  I'm also glad to hear that Abby got to Utah safely. Then you are going to go to the Mandersheid festival, man! What a summer.  I'm jealous that for Stake Conference you're going to have Anziano Kearon as the visiting general authority.  I remember the talk he gave in general conference Oct. 2010, I was at the Smith's house.  Anyways, the church ended up making this video from the talk. https://www.lds.org/youth/video/sting-of-the-scorpion?lang=eng  It's good stuff.  Tell him hi for me =P  So school starts this next week huh? Are you guys excited?! If not, why not?!  You are all going to have to let me know what classes you're taking and stuff.

This week, we had to say goodbye to Anziano Errante.  From what I understand he's doing well, getting back to normal life.  We miss his Italian-ness, but I am glad to be back in just two.  I think we'll see better results this week.  We were able to do a split with Catania on Thursday.  I stayed in Reggio and was with Anziano Hanson.  He's a great person and bomb missionary.  Federico is still coming to English course regularly but it's becoming harder and harder to fix an appointment with him... however he did come to family night on Monday.  He really enjoyed it, even made some comments.  We also played "do you love your neighbor" but there was one member (58ish) who had some difficulty in understanding how to play, which in the end just made things more fun.

Mom, you talked about how this mission is more for me than it is for those I teach.  That might be true, but I can't allow myself to think that because it's too selfish.  Just thinking about all the time, effort and money that is put into just me as a missionary and then to think of it as something that is for my benefit is just too selfish, it's too hard to accept. I'm supposed to be dedicating 2 years to the Lord and his work, not my self-betterment.  My purpose was pounded into my head in the MTC, it's to "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." I'm only the messenger; I'm just supposed to invite as many people as I can to apply this gospel to their lives.

Sorry, maybe that's a little heavy.  I'm studying pride and humility this week for a talk on Sunday and I'm doing my best to apply it.  I feel particularly lacking in this area since I've started focusing on it.  It's funny how that works huh? We think we're going great until we take a little closer or longer look and then we see that maybe the windows weren't as clean as we thought they were. 

Anyways, enjoy this last little bit of summer before everything starts back up, and remember to take pictures!! I want to see pictures!!  and as far as mail goes feel free to send everything to "Via Filipini 85/c  /  89125 Reggio Calabria, Italia"  everything arrives even packages (our neighbor takes them).  Well I need to get going.  I hope everyone is healthy and well. Ciao.

-- 
"Look inside yourself, you're more than what you've become.  Remember who you are."  The Lion King
Anziano Stewart

P.S. oh by the way, I did get the package, I even have a picture to send you but at this Internet point it's not possible, hopefully next week.

I'm off now. love you!!!!! Say hello to everyone for me!!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment