Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

14 November 2012

Chapter Five: The 7th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Sicilians


I'm going to have a son!! (I’m going to train another missionary!!)

Catania District
Well this last week we received our transfer calls and Anziano Giovita, after 8 months here in Messina, is going to leave.  He's going to Crotone.  I'm going to stay here and I'm going to be training.  Tonight I'm going to find out whom it will be that I train.  I'm pretty excited!! It's going to be a crazy transfer!! We’re hopefully going to have 2 baptisms, there's Christmas, thanksgiving (not that they celebrate it here but who cares!!), plus on top if all that I get to introduce another missionary to this great work.  I'm pretty excited.  But i am sad to say goodbye to Anziano Giovita.  He's a great person.  Hopefully at least we'll be able to see each other before I finish.  

This past week or so we've been going around visiting everyone that we could so that Anziano Giovita could say goodbye to everyone.  And as everyone (more or less) is Sicilian, they offered (aka obliged) us food.  So for the past 3 days I have had a full stomach and I haven't eaten anything from our home.  Man, people insist here and if you reject then they get offended.  So were eating like 5 meals a day but not little snacks, we're talking like lasagna, frittata, pasta al forno, arancini, pizza... I'm done.

Pina and Nicole are doing great! Both came to church, hallelujah!!  Were hoping that everything will go well for all of them.  Nicole especially is doing wonderfully!  With Pina we need to help her fix a date and time in which she will no longer smoke a cigarette.  And then we need to also get her to continue to come to church.  The family that I talked about last week is still having some pretty big problems.... but Dilahni (the mom) told me on Sunday that she is feeling a lot better ever since we came by.  So hopefully as we continue to come she will become stronger and stronger.

You're going to have to forgive me that the letter is short (but remember that there are pictures as well!!!) We are in a hurry because we need to see everyone before we go to Catania tonight.  

I love you all and wish you well!!! VVB

--
"Look inside yourself, you're more than what you've become.  Remember who you are."  The Lion King 
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment