Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

21 November 2012

Chapter Five: The 8th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Sicilians



Ok, first, thank you all for your letters! They were great!!  All I got out of Mattie’s letter is that she's a very sick person... oh, and that Abby got her wisdom teeth out. =) This is so great! I'm very grateful for you all and the examples that you are and the support that you give.  You're the best, I couldn't ask for a better family.

Man, things are really changing there!  Almost everyone's going on a mission, and everyone else is getting married. Ha, ha that is so cool that Lyss has put in her papers!  Let me know where she ends up going.  I didn't know that Grandma and Grandpa were thinking about going on a mission!  That is so cool.  It kind of stinks because if they leave when school gets out I won't see them for another couple of years but it's worth it! =) 

So my new comp is Anziano Walker.  He's from the Los Angeles area.  He's adjusting to this crazy, amazing life pretty well.  The first couple of days were kind of rough but that's normal.  The first days you're jet lagged, exhausted, confused, you don't understand anything everyone says, and you usually get down on yourself because you want to do all you can to be the best you can but you're lucky if you get a couple of sentences out. But he's great.  He's having a little trouble with the language but it's not his fault, it's because here people speak 1/2 Italian, 1/2 Siciliano.  He also has a sister that's serving in Germany, sadly not the Frankfurt mission, she's in Berlin.

As far as Nicole and Pina, things are going great, more or less.  With Nicole things couldn't be better, the interview went perfectly, and now we're preparing for the baptism on Saturday!  She's so cute!! I'll make sure to send some pictures next week.  I find it very fortunate that on the week of Thanksgiving we have a baptism. (It wasn't planned; no one here knows or cares about Thanksgiving Day)  Tender mercy.  

With Pina, things are going a little less well, but there is still hope. In Latin there is a saying that hope is the last to die. =) Her addiction to smoking is very strong.  She wants to be baptized but there's that little part of her that is holding back and that is what keeps messing us up...   But we're hoping to have a nice powerful lesson with her tomorrow in church that hopefully will put everything into perspective for her and we can get going at 100%

Well family, I need to go... sadly.  Know that I love you and that I can't wait to see you at Christmas!!  Let me know how Thanksgiving goes, and say hello to everyone for me. 

VVB

--
"Look inside yourself, you're more than what you've become.  Remember who you are."  The Lion King 
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment