Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

20 March 2013

Chapter Six: The 1st Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the People of Italy

Romans 1:15-16


I never thought that I'd serve in Rome to tell the truth.  Ha-ha, just goes to show that that's how the Lord works -- what you don't expect, is what he gives you.

I still don't know how I feel about being assigned to serve as an assistant.  I guess I'll figure it out as we go, like they say here "vedendo facendo".  I'm sure that it will teach me very much and that I'll have great opportunities.  I'm excited to be able to spend so much time with and be so close to President Kelly.  

I am however, really bummed to leave Messina.  I have really developed a love for the people here, members, non-members and everybody in between. =P  7.5 months in a city is a long time and you can make a lot happen in those 7 months.  I've had the privilege to see 6 people baptized and 3 reactivated.  Our English course has grown a lot and they are all great people.  The list just goes on and on.  

Life brings change and now I have all my bags packed and ready to go.  We're going to say goodbye to the last couple of people and then we have to take a bus to Catania so I can take a night bus to Rome and I'll get there tomorrow morning at 6.  

This week has been a week of lasts and goodbyes.  It is really incredible how strong of a love you can develop in such a short amount of time while you are serving.  You always hear people say,  "I absolutely love the people in the country where I served."  And up until now I didn’t understand it.... but now I do.  If you give 100% like it says in D&C 4, not only does the Lord make miracles happen but he also makes something incredible happen inside of you.  Like it says in Mosiah 4 our very natures are changed and if we allow it to happen, we become more like him.  I don't want to sound like I’m boasting but it's something that I’ve seen in me and many other missionaries.  

This week I’ve been studying a lot, what it means to have a pure heart, and how to obtain a pure heart.  From what I’ve found, the key is to be humble.  Once we humble ourselves enough, then we can be instruments for the Lord.  It is then, while He is using us, that our natures are changed.  Then, like it says in the scriptures, we receive a new heart, a purer heart.

It's interesting how like in Psalms it says, only those who have clean hands and a pure heart can ascend to the hill of the Lord.  We focus very much on the clean hands part but not enough on the pure heart part.  Many people are worried about doing what’s right and being saved, but very few people work on BECOMING better.  I feel like this is the next step.  It’s like going from college ball to the pros.  This is what will qualify us for eternal life.

Say hello to everyone, I love you, and wish you well.  Make sure to keep writing me, don't forget about  me =P  You’re the best. =)

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
"Look inside yourself, you're more than what you've become.  Remember who you are."  The Lion King 
Anziano Stewart

P.S.  As far as classes go, if it's not too much of a pain, could you handle it, I have permission to do it but I don’t like to think about these kind of things...  The classes that I’d like are Chem 105, ExSc 320, Psych 111, Rel C 325 (with your seminary teacher from Logan as the prof.),  PdBio 120, and Civ 1.  Let me know what you say/think.

No comments:

Post a Comment