Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

10 June 2013

Chapter Six: The 11th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the People of Italy

Hey, I love you all!

Ok, So our week was great! it was a long trip and it's nice to be home but we were able to do a lot and we had a lot of fun.  It was such a blessing to be able to go back to Sicilia.  President Kelly actually said a lot of really great things that really hit me.  He just kind of unloaded all of the wisdom that he has acquired on the last conference.   The thing that I liked the most was "Love is what you've been through together" Life really is about the little things.  We have to love the journey, and not just wait to get to the destination to be happy, the journey is what's fun!

He also said something about leadership that I really liked, he said, "Leadership is all about relationships".  I read a talk a week ago or so about the difference between leadership and management, and the difference is exactly this sentence, Leaders don't direct, they experience things together and in doing so, give the example that all look to.
The third and last thing that he said that I really liked was something that C.S. Lewis said, which in the end, is just what Ether 12:27 says, but basically, C.S. Lewis says, if we are in a room cleaning, the more light there is, the dirtier it seems and the harder we have to clean.  If instead the light is very dim, we will see just the beginning of the dust, dirt, and stains and we will clean those thinking that we have done a good job.  In reality we have, according the the light that we had.  But as we receive more light, the more aware we are of things.

This week I met Brother Page's uncle and aunt in church!  They were here on vacation from San Diego, and they said that before they PCS in a month or so, that they are going to come to Roma! That's awesome!

I don't know about getting a 1988 Vespa.... what about a Red Ducati Monster instead?  Motorcycles have really been growing on me... but in the end we could just get both right?

Also, have you received a package from the Napoli Branch President?  I sent it to him about 3 weeks ago, I'm not sure when he sent it though...

I think I'd like to fly out on the 28th of August if it's possible, that way I have at least a couple days to get myself organized for school, there is so much that I have to do! Also because Monday is a holiday...I don't think that it'll be possible to go to Switzerland for the sealing.  But I can at least go to the Frankfurt one, with who I don't know, but it'd be nice to go.
Here's a picture of me with the branch president of Reggio Ccalabria and his wife, they are so awesome!  I was so fortunate to be able to see them this trip.

Well, sorry it's kind of short, it's transfer week and we are super busy, but I love you and can't wait to hear about Sara's birthday, summer, the last couple weeks in the MTC and how things are going in Bear Lake!

VVB!
Ciao!

--
"Look inside yourself, you're more than what you've become.  Remember who you are."  The Lion King
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment