Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

03 June 2013

Chapter Six: The 10th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the People of Italy

I don't countdown the days, I count the opportunities!

First things first, I'M IN SICILIA and it feels good to be home again!!! The first part of our road trip is over, we're at an Internet point right now doing e-mail and mission numbers.  It's always great to be able to come to Catania.  We did some exchanges in Napoli, Messina, and now as soon as we finish, in Catania.  Things are going well. 

It's nice to be able to just do missionary work and not worry about all the other things on your to do list.  But as far as preparation goes for the new Mission President, things are right on schedule, and time is going really quickly!  We're really excited for the change, maybe me in particular because this way I will have to finish my mission strong, I won't have another option.  Training him and helping him with everything, my last 3 weeks will be the busiest yet! A mission really is an endurance race.  So is conversion.  I read this earlier this week, "conversion isn't a step, it's a lifelong process in which we become more like Christ." 

I got 2 emails from "Abby Stewart"this week.  One from my sister Abby in the MTC and one from Abby in the Missouri Independence mission telling me I had the WRONG sister Abby Stewart. Ha-ha Oops!! What I don't understand is why she didn't say something earlier?  It's almost been a month that I have been sending emails to her....good thing thats been resolved.

I really like the idea that dad had to spend a week at the temple as a capstone to my mission.  As long as food, sleep, and maybe company.... are all organized, it'd be wonderful!  I also have another request that might work well with that idea.  Namalie and Kushan (a Sri Lankan couple in Messina that were baptized a about a year and a half ago are going to be sealed in the Swiss temple on August 26th and will be there the whole week with a large part of the ward of Messina.  I'd really like to be present.  Yesterday, they actually asked me of I could come and be one of the witnesses! I couldn't believe it! It's something that I'd really like to do.

Also, another idea that is floating around in my head is to find some cheap flights and go to Messina and Reggio Calabria for a couple days before I go back to school in the U.S. and visit members and new converts (there are a couple that could benefit from it.) Plus it's a great time of year to go, however it's kind of a pricey....let me know what you think about it.

Well, just one last thought before I go (sorry it's short... we don't have much time..) I was reading today in the Book of Mormon where Alma invites the people to be baptized and asks them basically why would you wait to be baptized? You know that it will bring the spirit in your lives even more strongly.  It made me think about what I can do or change to have the spirit stronger in my life.
I love you all very much, stammi bene!! VVB!!
--
"Look inside yourself, you're more than what you've become.  Remember who you are."  The Lion King
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment