Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

17 July 2013

Chapter Six: The 16th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the People of Italy


Anxiously Engaged
I heard a quote from Anziano Holland, explaining that a missionary when he/she goes home, that they should go home having given it all, and how they should be so exhausted that when the come off the plane that they collapse into the arms of their mother.  Mom, I'm just warning you, get ready.  This week has been really busy, holy moley!

The conference in Napoli went well.  It was cool that I was able to bear my testimony where I did 2 years ago when I started.  (we also got some mozzarella di bufala!!!!)  
Then over the weekend, we had Anziano Evens of the first quorum of the seventy visit.  It was super cool to be with him and to hear what he had to say.  Especially about hastening the work because he is in the missionary department and he presented the facebook idea to Anziano Nelson.  

There really are a TON of benefits of making the changes that they are working on.  It will help a lot more with correlating with the ward/branch, it will help teach people how to use the Internet as a tool to help uplift and inspire, and so many more things.  He is so excited!  It was really cool, we had a lunch with him and we spent the whole time just asking him questions trying to learn as much as we could about the changes that are being made.  

Then we had the amazing and special opportunity to go on to the temple site, only 2 other missionaries have been able to do that.  It was really special, its incredible the spirit that is just on the site.  Even though nothing is dedicated or even completed, it is already a really special place. 

Then early Monday morning we left for Bari.  It was really great because after the Mission Leadership Council, we were able to go to Bitonto and do some short exchanges.  It was incredible!!!! We had planned to go to a Family Home Evening with a family and it somehow worked out that almost half of the ward showed up.  

It was amazing, words cannot describe the love that I feel for those people.  They are all having some rough times, whether in their own lives or in the whole branch.  I was able to give a couple of blessings and to share my testimony with them actually I was really surprised at how well they remembered me.  

When I served there I was not able to speak Italian very well, but we did work hard.  Several of them still have pictures on their refrigerators and other things from when I was serving there.  Honestly, it really surprised me.  I feel so blessed.

In sacrament meeting, Elder Evens, actually quoted some parts of a letter that Anziano Nelson wrote to him talking about the former day saints and the journeys of Paul.  He said that Paul had the right idea when he wrote to the Corinthians about how our lives should be in stark contrast to the world.  It's hard but it's so worth it.

I love you all!
VVTB!!

--
"Look inside yourself, you're more than what you've become.  Remember who you are."  The Lion King 
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment