Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

06 June 2012

Chapter Four: The 1st Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Calabrians/Messinites


Ora et Labora (The Work Now)

(The Chapel were we held Sacrament meeting every week)

Wow, It's been a long week, which is nice because lately they have been FLYING BY! First, leaving Bitonto was hard.  I really am going to miss that city.  The bus ride down was very long.  We left at 0700 and I got to Messina at 1600.  Cool story, the lady I sat next to was going to Paternòf (where we lived for four years), because in a month or so she's going to get married to a man from there.  Why am I in Messina still?  Good question.  My companion is away on “home leave” due to family problems.  Nothing is for sure but hopefully I'll be in Reggio in a couple days.  


Work in Messina right now is at the max! Last transfer there were 2 companionships and now there is only 1.  We are basically teaching all day, which is really nice.  Teaching is what I love most about missionary work and having the chance to do it 5-7 times a day is really a great experience.  And from what I hear I need to take advantage of it because Reggio isn't like that.  But I'll explain more about that once I know for sure how it is.  Another blessing here is the fact that there is a car.  I said to myself previously in the mission, I don't ever want to serve in an area where there's a car.  I’ve changed my mind.  It's amazing!! I never realized how much time you could cut out without walking (even at a missionary pace).

I learned a saying in Italian this week. "é meglio dire 'chissà' che 'se avessi saputo'." Literally it means "it's better to say who knows than if I/you only knew", so kind of like saying, “better safe than sorry”.  Oh! English course! Because I'm here and we're in threesome we were able to do three levels of English course (that is where I learned this saying) It went really well and at the end one of the students gave me a really great compliment, he said that I was the best missionary English teacher that he had ever seen, pretty cool huh?  

That's good news about the blog, thank you so much for working that out!  Do you put pictures in the text or just on the sidebar?  That is hilarious about Julianna using advanced vocabulary like that, good job J!

How is grandpa doing?  Last I remember hearing was he was having a pretty hard time adjusting without grandma.  Is it still like that? 

Abby, it's good to hear that you're finding some nice job opportunities and school's going all right.  And you reached 100 lbs., nice!  Who is still living in Bitburg? What do you do in your free time?

Mattie, Sara, Maren, J, why is it that I have to hear about what you are up to through mom and dad?!?! I want to hear from you!

(Sicilian pizza, the best pizza in the world and only 5 Euro)

Well I'm glad you are getting those packages, and I hope you like the gifts.  I've already had a couple graniti, a couple brioche, and a cannolo. I didn’t realize how much I missed them! =)

This transfer the mission is focusing on inspired questions.  If you have a copy of Preach My Gospel, I'd recommend reading the part on questions.  It’s bel potente, and very useful. So I'm going to leave you with a question or two.

What matters most to you right now?  Do your actions show it!

Mai a rendersi.
--
Vi Voglio Bene,
Anziano Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment