Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

27 June 2012

Chapter Four: The 4th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Calabrians/Messinites

It’s HOT and I’m COOKED
anziani home (rest home)
And here I am again, writing those that I love. Even though I do it every week, I don't think it could ever get old. To start out, I want to share a couple cool things I learned this week.  First, "sacrifice", in latin, it comes from "sacer" and "farcere".  Sacer means holy or sacred, while farcere means to make or to do.  So in a sense, sacrifice really means to make or render something sacred or holy.  It is an aspect that I have never thought of before.  Usually when you hear sacrifice you think of giving something up, but thinking of making something holy or sacred, you want to do it.  Second, (and less cool / mind blowing) is the name "lucifer” which comes from 2 words as well, "luce" or light and "fero" or carrier.  This helps show how satan was one of the most chosen of god's children as he was known as a carrier of light.  However, we always need to be attentive that we remain chosen by choosing to follow him.

Anyways, it is so hot here! (But I still prefer this to the cold by far!!) Thankfully we have a car in Messina but in Reggio it's on foot or on bikes (I think).  We’ll see how it goes.  The wind from the Sahara (shiroco) is already here and normally the wind would be nice right?! It’s torture!!  And lets not talk about the humidity.  But for all that I complain about it, I like the heat, believe me!

Um, I'm not sure if you all remember a sister in the Catania Mission named Sorella Rizo...  She taught Leona (the woman who got baptized last week) 5 years ago!! Crazy huh? Yesterday she showed us a Christmas card that the sisters made for her.  If you can find her on Facebook, make sure you tell her that "Leona Molina" got baptized!!

Maren! How was your Birthday?!? Everyone told me about it but you!! What did you have on your cake?  Did you like your gifts?

Things here are going well, we taught whopping 27 lessons last week!!!! That's a new record for me.  One of our investigators (professor Salvatore) is a professor at the university and also works in the hospital, he has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith but tithing really hangs him up, he says it should be 5%. =/ Also Thomas S. Monson’s eyes really get him, he says they aren't pure... however, he's hilarious and come to English course.  

burnt car (you see them pretty frequently)
There is also a woman named Pina.  She sells fruit.  We see her almost every day because we are trying to help her stop smoking.  She has known the missionaries for a little while (a year or so) and has also had a couple baptism dates that she had to skip...but she has such a strong testimony of everything!  While she sits at her stand she reads the Book of Mormon.  She is so cool!! Her only problem is she keeps relapsing! =/

In 2 days I'll be in Reggio!! I can’t wait to start working there.  It'll be interesting seeing as we both (myself and Anziano Malan) have never been there and that there haven't been missionaries for 4 weeks in the city... I'm excited.

Well, my time's up sadly.  I love you all and hope you are enjoying summer!! Don’t forget! "It’s not possible for you to sink deeper than the infinite light of Christ's atonement."  Pres. Monson.

me with the Branch President in Bitonto, Pres. Panisco

 

No comments:

Post a Comment