Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Romans 1:15

25 November 2011

Chapter Two: The 9th Epistle of Anziano Stewart to the Neopolitans


“Kiss Me!!!”

Happy Thanksgiving every one!!

I'm so very grateful for all your prayers and support.  You all are amazing!  I'm so blessed.  I'm also grateful for the Book of Mormon and the tool it can be in our lives if we read it with the spirit and an open heart.  I'm grateful for the spirit and the amazing guide and help and friend it is.  We are never alone.  I'm most grateful for my Savior, who is with me every step of the way, every second of my live he is trying to help me that is his existence; charity and service.  As I think about what i have to be grateful for the list only gets longer but I’ll stop for your sake and for times sake. 

How wonderful a mission is, we serve for 2 years, 24 hours a day doing the work of God.  And as a result of that we can experience the happiness and joy that he feels, what a blessing!  Good news: a family stationed at the base has invited us over for dinner tomorrow night and we're going to have some amazing Thanksgiving dinner!!!! =) so lets just say I’m excited!

So Ashley is going to be baptized on Saturday at 6.  How amazing! Her uncle (Juan) and her mother both came to church for the first time on Sunday, it was such a blessing because it was the primary program and they both were very touched and it really gave them a good feeling about the church.  We’re hoping to start teaching Juan soon.  But I’m going to tell Ashley how to find Abby on facebook and they can talk. I guess I’m giving her a pen pal. =) its also a good opportunity for Abby to practice Spanish, and for Ashley to practice her English. =D

We don't have a baptism date for Damien yet but hopefully he will decide soon, we couldn’t be focusing on it more.  He has a very strong testimony and knows it is all-true, he just doesn’t feel ready.  Once he is, the date could be the next day!! 

On Sunday, we went and taught Vincenzo and his 2 sons (Marcello and Emmanuelle).  It's been hard to set lessons up with them, and we have met with them 3 times and were still on the 1st lesson so things were looking kind of bleak  but we were able to see them. And Vincenzo after 56 years of smoking, just decided out of the blue to stop, cold turkey!! (Man I cant wait to eat thanksgiving dinner =P )  And we had a really good lesson after that.  We're meeting with them tonight and we couldn’t be more excited.  Then later that night we met with Enzo.  (Our 1st time meeting him.  He was a referral from Pozzuoli. (Speaking of which how are those referrals going?!))

Enzo is a bodyguard with quite the story! First off his job now where he's a bodyguard for a 100-year-old woman who has 30 million euro. He works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  He has a couple hours free every Sunday night and he spent them with us! Wow! He was also accused of being in a conspiracy to kill President Reagan while he was living in Texas.  It's a huge story that I’ll tell when I get back. =) (it takes 40 minutes or so...)  also he looks like Andre the giant, I’ll try to get a picture next time we meet.  Just think Fezeck (character from Princess Bride...) he speaks pretty good English and Italians always say ''dammi un bacio'' but in English it means give me a kiss.  So when we were leaving he yelled at Anziano Weeks and me ''Kiss me!!'' haha!!!

We got a referral that is an African from Ghana named Nicodemus. (sweet I know)  he is 21, can’t wait to be baptized, speaks great Italian, and really just an amazing guy.  I can't wait to have more time to tell you about him.  But a cool quick story; as we were leaving, he called his friend and had him come meet us as well.  This friends name is Benson.  What? Benson? Yeah weird huh? Well it’s the same name as Anziano Weeks.  Pretty crazy.  We talked a bit more and turns out they are both named after Ezra Taft Benson. 

Benson’s family are members in Ghana and named him after the prophet, like Anziano Weeks.  But Benson says he’s not a member so we look forward to meeting with them both tomorrow!!! =)
So hows Roz doing? is she still active? 

J, Sara, and Mattie: I’m eating plenty of pizza and gelatos don’t worry. =) I’ll have some pictures for you next time. Mattie, you’re book sounds really exciting, is Amethyst going to live happily ever after with her prince?! Sara, you like language arts?! Maybe you should be writing Mattie’s book... =P how’s your mile time?
Abby: the longer you run, the more accustomed your lungs will become.  Oh and breathe through your nose.  =) Just stick in there with American Heritage it's worth it not having to take it again.  And that’s great you’re going to the temple that often keep it up; it really is a safe haven where the lord instructs us.  I wouldn’t be surprised if once it was possible for all members to do, that it became a commandment to go like once a month or something like that.   Not because temple work needs to be done, but because we need to have the opportunity to set ourselves apart and partake of that spirit.  How’s your Living Prophets class going?  Tell everyone hi for me that you see over the weekend. =) 

On Sunday it was my 4-month mark! Insane right?!  I can’t believe it; I have less than 20 months left.  This time is flying by, I don't want this to ever end!  I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

--
Vi Voglio Bene e Vi Amo,
Anziano Stewart

P.S. Christmas box suggestions:  a couple bottles of maple and vanilla extract (it's the little things)

P.P.S Last night Napoli played Manchester City in the Champions League and won 2-0.  It was the craziest I’ve ever seen Napoli, I' so glad I can be here!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment